Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Friday, June 28, 2013

I'm tired, so all you get today is a bulleted list.

Workout: 17.5-ish miles on the bike; 45 minutes of upper body weight work courtesy of Cathe's Total Body Trisets Upper Body Split DVD.

My brain is tired.  I don't have the ability to form multiple coherent paragraphs today.  So, in the spirit of the information age and paying homage to the fact that everyone's brains have been reprogrammed to only tolerate about a sentence's worth of information at a time before skipping to something else, I have decided to write this post as a series of possible status updates I could have written on Facebook about my workouts today.  I'll get to them now just in case your attention is already starting to wane:


  • I only do push-ups so I won't look even more ridiculous than I already do climbing up ropes and walls in my obstacle course races.
  • I think I pulled a bicep.  Is that even possible?
  • Great bike-ride today: no dogs chased me or even had the courage to give me snarky "How dare you pass my territory hairless monkey on a machine?!?" looks.
  • Boy, the smell of manure plus rotting trash sure makes for one unique olfactory experience.
  • Cars: do not slow down as I slow down-PASS ME ALREADY SO I CAN TURN.  I'm attached to the bike, dammit!
  • If a car hit me while I was riding, I wonder if the resultant force would be enough to unclip my shoes from the pedals and send me sprawling through the air like a ragdoll.
  • Boy, car that passed me out on Stone Quarry Road; are you sure giving me an inch of space while you passed me was enough?  
  • With this bike ride and weight workout today, I wonder how much I have screwed myself for my 16 mile long run tomorrow.


And because I cater to all learning styles on my little blog here, I have included a headless and armless picture of the cute Avia tank top I wore today, with which I am in a heavy state of like:



Now if I can only get rid of some of the fat underneath that tank top.  Maybe that will happen during my 16 miler tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment