Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Friday, November 15, 2013

Advanced half marathon running craziness. And new shoes.

Been running off a lot of work frustrations in these shoes rightcheer:


Brooks PureFlow, they are, and I love the color and I love how they feel.  Lightweight yet with enough cushion to satisfy my feetsies.  Very impressed; other shoes in Brooks' Pure line have simply hurt my arch with their weird arch support thing they have going on.  But these PureFlows...I think we have a permanent connection here.

I ran in these for two of my three running workouts this week.  This advanced half-marathon training plan is kind of kicking my ass all over the place.  Crazy intervals of 400, 1200, then 3200 (!?!?), and then repeat that goodness all over again. With warm-up and cool down that was almost a 9 mile workout.  The next day I had to do a 5 mile tempo run, meaning a speed work day after a speed work day.  Then a 6 mile easy run.

With all this advanced running craziness, I'm surprised this isn't somewhere on the schedule:

"Die from running too much.  Resurrect yourself; Run 4 x 1 mile repeats.  Go forth and work miracles the rest of the day."

Only 2 more weeks.  We'll see how much only 5 weeks of training after a 3-week marathon recovery will do for me on this half marathon.


No comments:

Post a Comment