Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year's Eve Running Ninja!

Because I am a loser that never gets invited to New Year's Eve parties, I run a race that starts at 11:45 P.M. every New Year's Eve out in Roscoe, IL.  It's a 5K, so you are out on the course when the New Year hits--and you know when it does, because fireworks start going off everywhere.  It's not one of those fancy 5Ks that have bibs and timing and water stations (which would have frozen over last night; it was 14 degrees with single-digit wind chills); it's just a fun little run you do with friends.  You get a shirt, a decent race packet with some cool swag (scarves!), and a great time with a small group of people who just want to start of the new year on the right foot.  Or the left, depending on their position at the starting line.

Shirt and scarf this year.  Awesome.
Because I know some of you have a limited amount of energy, focus, and visual acuity from last night's festivities, I won't bore you by writing a lot of these little black words.  Instead, I will give you an artsy-fartsy visual representation of the evening by slapping all of my iPhone photos from last night in this post.  Enjoy!




"Hello, my name is Terie and I'll be your running ninja this evening."

These tights?  These are my purple prisoner tights.

Give it up for the tights, yo.

Phil and I before the race.


My buddy Phil and I after the finish.
Photo ops after the race.

Hubbs is showing me how much he loves me in 2013.

Goofing around with photobomb in background.

Sneaking up on the new year.

Boy, that 2XL shirt I won in the raffle will sure come in handy.

Wishing everyone a happy and healthy new year.  Keep on running.






No comments:

Post a Comment