Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Treadmill Tuesday Strikes Back

Today was another wonderful Treadmill Tuesday, consisting of running one 1200 m interval at my 10K pace and then, after a minute recovery, running a 400 m at my 5K pace.  I then repeated this two more times with a 3 minute recovery between each set, all while desperately trying to focus my mind on the TV show I was watching during the intervals rather then mentally screaming for the little lap thingamajig on my treadmill to MOVE FASTER AROUND THE LAP, DAMMIT, I'M DYING HERE.

As you can tell, I don't do well with 1200s on the treadmill, nope nope nope.  They are a necessary evil, however: I have come to terms with them, but I don't have to be happy whilst I run them.  (I should rename this blog "Grumpy Runner.")

What did make me a tad bit happier was running in my new Mizuno Wave Rider 16s in all of their purple glory:



These are some pretty awesome shoes.  They seem a bit narrower in the foot, but they still gave me that same "rocker" type feel that I experience in the 15s, as if you're gliding along the ground.  The only thing I don't like is that my left heel was slipping out of them a little even after adjusting the laces in just about every imaginable configuration during the warm-up, which is not good for my damaged left Achilles.  Going to have to see if that can be rectified in the future.

Because speed work is typically hard on my calves and shins (I just can't handle it if my shin splints come back.  I am afraid of a stress fracture as much as some kids are afraid of monsters under their beds), I like to wear compression socks to work on those days.  However, I couldn't find any color-coordinating compression socks to sneakily wear under my brown dress pants this morning.  I guess I could have worn the neon yellow ones, but my sanity is already being questioned too much at work.  Hence, I decided to wear this under my dress pants:


Yeah.  I'm sexy and I know it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment