Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Monday, July 22, 2013

Just a boring little post today.

Workout:

45 minutes of weight work (total body) - Cathe's Total Body Trisets total body express workout
35 minutes of cycling (9 miles)

I have discovered that if I actually get to working out at 5 A.M. and stop farting around until 5:30, I can actually do two workouts in the morning rather than hurry through one lest I be late to work.  Time management is a wonderful thing.

My weight work today was deceptively easy.  I have done this workout a bazillion times before (approximately), and it never fails to turn my glutes into lumps of skeletal muscle soreness by the end of the day.  I usually don't notice the lumps of soreness that have developed on my ass until I try to get out of a chair some time in the afternoon.  Today I didn't notice the lumps until the car ride home, so maybe I'm getting better at this workout.

Being away from home this weekend, I found that I missed my bike.  Yesterday's elliptical session at the hotel just didn't give me my "I must be outside and see the sun rise and avoid critters attacking me" fix that the bike gives me.  I knew that I wouldn't be able to cycle very far today, but it was just what I needed to lift my spirits.  In fact, even some lady giving me the finger after almost backing into me couldn't dampen my joy at being outside on the bike.  Not even the huge mutant raccoon that sprinted out in the middle of the road on my way back to the house this morning that did not move an inch from its spot in the middle of the road as I sped by could dampen my mood.

And you know what made me even happier at the end of the day?  The fact that I get to do speed work tomorrow.  Sick, I know.

It's a ladder workout, and, after I put it into Garmin Connect, it looks a little something like this:

Click to embiggen the pink and purpley goodness!

My Garmin gets to boss me around tomorrow.  Super cool.  But ever superer cooler is the fact that I get to run them in my new bright yellow pair of Saucony Shadow Genesis(es?).


I'll be all aglow running my little ladder workout, prancing away in the darkness of 5 A.M.  That is, if I don't fart around until 5:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment