Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Monday, July 1, 2013

Sunday Monday Randomness.

Workout: Sunday-Slow 12.3 mile bike ride (52:51) to let my legs recover.  No pushing big gears today, unless you count the time I couldn't switch the front gear because I am stupid.  Monday: 45 minutes of upper body weights (Cathe's Upper Body Pyramid DVD); 10 minutes of abs/core (Cathe's XTrain Core #1 Bonus)

Sunday was the first time ever that I cycled the day after a long run.  It was...slow.

It was actually nice to not be concerned about speed on the bike.  I actually got to take in the scenery, because, for once, the weather is absolutely freaking gorgeous and my thighs were pretty freaking tired from the 16 miles (plus Loki) the day before.  My quads were feeling a little tight last night and this morning, so I decided just to kill my upper body and core today and give the legs a much needed rest.  After all, they're going to get slammed with some speed work tomorrow morning.

And because I'm thinking of my speed work tomorrow morning, were you aware that Garmin Connect allows you to put in custom workouts and then send them to your Garmin?  I HAD NO IDEA.  I'm pretty sure you've been able to do this for a long time and I just haven't noticed.  I'm a bad runner.  Bad.

While I'm wallowing in my shame, check out my pretty workout I entered:

Click to enlargenate.

A page of purple-pink goodness, I tell you. I can't wait to see if I can actually do the workout from my Garmin tomorrow and not screw it up.

On a totally random note, here is some cool new running gear I have acquired recently:



How do I afford all of this, you ask?  I work extra "jobs" for which people give me "money" that I then give to "running gear companies" who send me these colorful trinkets in the "mail."  And beautiful trinkets they are--a pair of purple Pro Compression low-rider socks, two pairs of Ragnar compression socks (also by Pro Compression), and a pair of Saucony Shadow Genesis running sneaks that were a steal on the clearance table at a large sports retailer whose name is also a HUGE sexual innuendo.  Huge.

Anyway, I am wearing one of the pairs of Ragnar socks and the Sauconys tomorrow for my speed work in hopes that they will make me more speedy.  Or at least the socks will keep me warm; it's supposed to be cold tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment