Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Just some indoor cycling this morning that I didn't want to do.

This morning was Cathe's Pedal Power workout.   My face in the picture below shows exactly how much I wanted to get up and sweat in a little room in my basement all by myself on my indoor bike.



Here's what I wanted to do instead:

Rubbing it in.  The jerk.

But apparently I love pain because I shambled out of bed and made my way downstairs.  As I shambled, I realized my abs and lats were still sobbing quietly in the background from yesterday's workout, making specific things very hard to do such as "sitting up" and "lifting my arms" and "existing."  But I sucked it up, buttercup, and hopped into the saddle.  I programmed a 35 minute time-saver premix and felt like this afterwards:



That's not joy.  Or happiness.  or any happy emotion.  That's my surprise at finding out exactly how hard it is to cycle indoors with sore abs and lats. 

But it's no surprise that bite-size dog couldn't give one crap about my pain and suffering.

She's trained well at not caring.


What else isn't a surprise is these learnings rightcheer:

  • This indoor cycling thing...I'm wondering at how much it's going to pay off when I actually get to ride a real bike again in the spring.  Guess we'll find out.
  • All my dogs are well-trained at not caring.  It's a gift.
  • The cats are even better trained at not caring because they're trained by Mother Nature.
  • Joke's on the dogs and cats--currently they can't infest my workout area like they used to at our old house.  But I know they're trying to find a way...

Tomorrow's workout: Some other blast from the past DVD workout that will make other body parts of mine weep and sob.


No comments:

Post a Comment