Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Saturday, December 29, 2018

5 miles, 5 things

For my penultimate run of 2018, I took large dog for a spin around my new neighborhood for 5 miles.  Here's a thing for each mile:

Thing #1: It is MUCH HILLIER around my new house. 

Hill be stalking me.
I know that hill doesn't look like much from the picture, but imagine tons of rolling hills just slamming into my feet.  On the bright side, Twin Cities (known for its hills on the back half) should be way easier in 2019.


Thing #2: Large dog was more than happy to yank me down the downhills at breakneck speed.

Running rookie.

Every time we hit a downhill large dog decided to pull me at warp speed, causing me to feel as if I was going to fall forward and slam my head into the pavement.  I'm pretty sure this is payback for running on the treadmill earlier in the week.  Just like you should always remember that I am a moron, you should always remember that large dog runs like a rookie and is kind of a jerk like that.

Thing #3: Even though I manged it in the previous pic, it is actually quite hard to get a mid-run picture of large dog and it not be blurry.

Case in point:


Must be one of them blurry snout hounds, I reckon.


Thing #4: Oh, and I actually ran this easy run right on the pace that little MyRunPlan app said I should.  Merry Xmas to me and all that jazz, I guess, for doing it without even trying.




Thing #5:  Male cat thought 5 miles wasn't enough to stop large dog from eating his head later.

Hyooman. 5 miles is NEVER ENOUGH

Enough things; time for learnings:

  • I'm not kidding about all those hills around my new house.  It's going to be a whole new training experience kids.
  • I'm also not kidding about how fast large dog yanked me down the hills.  Going to get a lot of downhill training too, it looks like.
  • Blurry photos are large dog's thing, apparently.
  • Male cat's thing is not getting his head eaten.  And, obviously, overeating.

Tomorrow's workout: Some strength and maybe some spinning because why the heck not, people.


No comments:

Post a Comment