Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Monday, December 17, 2018

Supercuts this morning, super tired now.

This morning's workout can be summed up in two words: mucho cardio.



Cardio Supersets.  The name says it all.

Again, I'm currently digging up DVD workouts I haven't done in a long time so I can do a few things:

  • Shake things up with my muscles, confusing the heck out of them
  • Leave me sore in places I forgot I had, and
  • Remind me of how in shape I used to be when I used to do these videos on the regular.

Actually, this one wasn't that bad while I was doing it; I only felt like I was gurgling my heart in my throat two or three times.  The workout was also only actually 30 minutes, so that was a huge plus for those of us that get up at really-early-dark-o'clock to work out.  It was also a huge plus because then the pain and suffering ended way sooner than normal.

Taken slightly before the suffering was over.

For those of you wondering what the workout is like, let me break down the stuff and sequence in the workout for you:

1) Five-minute warm-up with no equipment but a lot of moving around
2) Lots of low-impact moving around that involves lots of squats or squat-type movements to give you that heart-gurgling feeling we all know and love.  Or I do, anyway.
3) Lots of low-impact moving around that involves sliding discs and still some squats but not so much
4) An ending combo that involves planks on the sliding discs where you are moving your legs perpendicular to your torso and then pulling your feet in and out in a plank and OMG WILL IT EVER END
5) Cool down with less moving around and some decent stretching

So how do I feel right now?  As good as a woman can feel whose lats AND abs are quietly sobbing in the background from that workout.

Anyhoo, on to the non-learning learnings:

  • A bulleted AND a numbered list in one post.  Lucky you.
  • This is actually a very decent total body workout that is disguised as a cardio workout.  It's all the squatting and planking.  Slow-motion mountain climbers, anyone?
  • I like short but powerful workouts.
  • I also like being done with short and powerful workouts.
  • Sleep.  I like that, too.  Think I'll get some now.


Tomorrow's workout: Spin, baby, spin.

No comments:

Post a Comment