Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Day 4, Week 4: Here, let me ruin that race picture for you.

I completely bailed on my bike ride this morning because it was dark and took the dog out for a spin again.  I gotta get my Wednesday biking act together.  3 miles with the dog is better than no workout at all, though.  We even got the extra added bonus of almost getting hit by a car despite the fact I wear all sorts of reflective and blinky things when I run in the dark.  That got the ol' adrenaline going and dog trying to chase the car that hit us!

Since the run this morning wasn't anything to write home about, lets get into the fourth reason why I love the Twin Cities Marathon so much:

Plenty of opportunities to ruin other runners' course photos.

I'm upstaging your photo, 6473!  Ha!

I am a course photography nut.  I plot what poses I'm going to do when I see those cameras, and I especially plan out what's going to happen when I cross the finish line.  Why?  Because I have 26 miles to do nothing but think, and this is a good way to take my mind of the suffering for at least 60 seconds.  And because if I'm going to pay too much for digital photos, they had better be damn interesting to look at and at least give me a chuckle out of the whole deal.

Below is what I consider a "best of" collection of my race photos where I completely ruin it for someone else:

When you least expect it...DEVIL HANDS

Sorry racing runner dude..I'm busting a move behind you.

Just what everyone wants - a complete stranger stopping their
watch as you cross the finish line together!

Excuse me, happy runner, as I die in the
background of your photo.

She probably wasn't smiling when she saw how
I ruined her pretty smiling running photo.

And here's a few more I found that I just needed to share with the entire internet:

He's all "I CAN'T BELIEVE CRAZY BLUE
TIGHTS GIRL BEAT ME"

I'm glad I can make other background
runners happy with my idiocy.

And I'm sailing to the end of this post now.


Today's post learnings:


  1. I don't think biking is ever going to happen on a Wednesday again until the days get longer.
  2. The dog will be happy about this.
  3. If you see someone acting completely stupid in front of a photog at a race, it's probably me
  4. I have a crap-ton of running photos
  5. Most of those photos are as bad as the ones in this post
  6. I am the sucker that pays for all of those photos.


Tomorrow's workout: More weight goodness!  And we'll talk about how you can train for marathons and gain 35 pounds at the very same time!

2 comments:

  1. The "Terie-fied faces are my favorites, but, this whole freaking blog compiled of a "I'm gonna ruin your photo, I'm going ruin it, Yes-I-am" theme has me ROLLING!
    I've needed to laugh for awhile now, & your "idiocy" has given me a plethora of it. Thank you, T-Dawg. These were epic. *2 thumbs up*

    ReplyDelete