Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Strength training makes it all better. Not really.

So my sore hip flared up yesterday and today it really hurt to sit. So of course I did some strength training this morning and it’s all better now. Kind of. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=12CiNkyQ1GIumwn7RurAR23QGMAe3uR-q

You know you love that crazy turquoise wall. 

Anyway, here are some reasons why I think my hip liked the strength training (Cathe’s PHA 1 workout) so much:

It wasn’t running.
My legs were moving in directions other than forward. 
There was no running involved.
Sometimes I didn’t use my legs during the workout. 
Running was not something I did during the workout.

I guess what I’m trying to say here is that I *may* have to actually stop running for a week just to let it heal.I’m going to see how the next two runs this week go; if it keeps getting worse then I’m going to have to take some time off. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to go quietly sob in a corner for the next hour.

Tomorrow’s workout: Easy run. WITH NO HIP SORENESS *wishfulthinkingactivated*

No comments:

Post a Comment