Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Monday, April 1, 2013

A post full of numbered random stuff.

I can't think of a theme for today's post, so I'm just going to pour out some random stuff on the page for you all to soak in and enjoy.  I have numbered them for your convenience.  You're welcome.


Random stuff #1: I'm sore.

I'll be honest--I've been slacking on the weight work for the past few weeks.  It's not like I meant to or anything.  Like dog hair on my floor and in my food, it just...happens.  It especially happens after the dogs get groomed:


Please notice that she refuses to sit on the towel I placed on the seat to catch any extraneous hair.  It's her little spiteful Sheltie way.  That, and she's almost 12 years old and pretty much does whatever she wants.

Anyway, I've not been doing my weight workouts as often as I usually do because I have been--are you ready for this--actually taking a full rest day.  Because I keep bumping my Thursday morning tempo run to Fridays, I have been taking Thursdays off completely.  While this is probably a good thing for my legs, it has allowed some of the gains I've made upper-body-wise to falter a bit.  That's why I chose to do Cathe's Upper Body Pyramid workout yesterday (that and because it is one of my fave all-time weight workouts ever.  Ever ever.)

And that's also why I can't lift my arms above my head today and have a band of soreness that starts at my pectorals and extends in a ring from them around to my back.  But it's a good sore, until you have to lift a dog into the back seat of your car.


Random stuff #2: Oooo colors.

Because the time it takes for my dogs to get groomed can be more easily measured in eons and epochs rather than hours or minutes, I had plenty of time to be-bop around the shops today killing time.  I was looking for an outfit for an important meeting I have tomorrow at my new job (I'm not technically employed there yet, but I'm already getting invited to meetings and want to show them I can dress professionally and not like a sweaty runner all the time), but I came across this little number at Kohl's that I had to have:



This is a Fila runnng jacket (looks like a rain jacket as well).  It has two pockets and thumbholes, but those are only small bonuses compared to the color cornucopia that is this running jacket.  Now I wish it would rain so I can scamper around in it being all colorful.  Scamper scamper scamper.


Random stuff #3:  My tempo runs are driving me bonkers with boredom.

I'm bored with them.  Boooooooooooooored.  It's not because I can't do them; I think it's because I have the same mileage for each tempo every Thursday for 16 weeks...that gets a little (a lot) repetitive.  In my old half marathon training plan, every Thursday was something different.  It was all tempo work, but it was all DIFFERENT tempo work.  It was like a different small challenge every Thursday, and mixed up the week quite nicely.  I know, I know--tempos are good for training you to run long distances at higher speeds, but I'm sure that that's not the only workout that will do that for you.  Maybe.

So, I think for the few weeks I have left until my marathon, I'm going to mix it up myself every Thursday.  This week I'm probably going to fartlek (heh) because of my half-marathon on Saturday, but after that I will have to do some Googling to see how others have made tempos less boring gotten creative with their tempo runs.

All I know is that I can't do 4 more weeks of the same old tempo.  Nope.


Random stuff #4:  I really like wheat banana cinnamon pancakes.

Yes.  Yes I do.  I've had them for dinner for the past week.  Yummo.



So that's all my random stuff for today.  Maybe tomorrow I'll get my blogging act together to write coherently about one topic.



No comments:

Post a Comment