Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Random post-marathon thoughts.


  • Why does my piriformis actually feel better after I ran 26.2 miles?
  • Speaking of all things butt and lower, none of my lower leg issues (Achilles, extensor tendinitis, shin splints) bothered me during the marathon or afterwards.  That week off during training worked wonders.
  • After looking at how I placed in my age group and gender, I am stupidly feeling bad about how I finished.
  • As bad as I feel about how I placed, I am still stoked I ran the whole damn thing.
  • I am having training withdrawal.  I wander the grocery store aimlessly in search of energy gels I no longer need and check the weather for runs I will not do. (for now)
  • I have to get back on the eating right wagon.  Two days of post-marathon celebratory eating is enough.
  • I am deathly afraid of getting a stress fracture or injuring myself by running too soon.  
  • I am ecstatic that I am going bike riding for tomorrow's workout, albeit very slowly.
  • I can't wait for my first Ragnar.  I am going to reverse taper up to it.
  • I am glad I went to work the day after my marathon; today my muscles are only a little tired rather than a lot tired.
  • Walking down steps is still a challenge sometimes.  Note for Twin Cities:  Do uphill AND downhill training.
  • The only way to get the BO smell out of my trusty white base layer I wore for the marathon is to burn it, so then it smells like smoke.  Well, what's left of it will smell like smoke.


Most of all, I am sad that I can't run right now.  



Thursday is my first post-marathon jog.  I can't wait.




No comments:

Post a Comment