Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Reasons I love having my own workout room.

If you know me and my workout history, you know I haven't always had a workout room of my very very own.  In my old house, my treadmill and bike were squeezed into this odd little room right next to the downstairs bathroom, so the hubbs got the joy of stepping right out of the shower and almost right on to my treadmill.  I also worked out right in the middle of the living room when doing my weights and stuff...which made watching TV or actually sitting in the living room impossible for him whilst I was working out and flinging sweat all over the TV in there.  

They always say to work out in the space you have....and I did in that old shack of a house.  But man, did it suck.  Well, no longer do I have to dwell on that suckage, because I get to make myself suffer in the name of exercise in my very own room in the basement of our new house.  It's not all decorated and fancy and stuff, but it is allllll mine.


These chest flys (flies?) are all mine, too.

But I don't love it just because it's mine.  I love my new workout room because:

  • I can fling sweat all over my TV and have no one complain about it.
  • Grunting (and other things that happen naturally while running because I have a digestive system) without shame.  
  • Weight lifting selfies without an animal wandering through the background.




  • Being able to run on the treadmill without getting random form advice from a hubbs standing in a bathroom getting ready for work.
  • Cranking up the workout music as loud as I wants.
  • Singing along to music as loud and off-key as I wants.
  • Being able to do ab exercises on the floor without smacking into a piece of furniture with one of my body parts, and..
  • Bike selfies.  So many bike selfies.









And, by reading this post, you have learned:

  • I really really really like my little basement workout room
  • I should probably hang stuff up on the walls someday
  • I'm a little obsessed with my bike
  • Probably very, very little that you can apply to your workouts, making this post a tiny little waste of time.  I hope you enjoyed it.


Tomorrow's workout: ONLY NINE MILES (of tempo running)




No comments:

Post a Comment