Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Thursday, March 14, 2019

Some of my new normals.

This round of weight loss and this training plan have me doing some stuff I've never done before or stuff I haven't done/experienced in a long time.  For example....


...12.5 mile treadmill runs before work so epic I have to lay down to take my post-workout selfie...

I'm not trying to be sexy.  I'm just trying to save energy by not standing.

Doing a 6 mile easy run after all those 10-12 mile morning runs and being shocked at how short it was because normally I'm all like SIX MILES OMG IT'S GOING TO TAKE FOREVER....

ZOMG only six miles?!?

Having dinosaurs quietly roaring away on my ankles as I run to nowhere in front of the big blue wall...

roar.

Having female cat approve of my roaring socks...

Hyooman. You may wear those socks.
Now keep the rubs coming.

Actually tracking my weight religiously and getting on the scale every. single. morning (except when I travel and don't have a scale) even when I don't want to get on because I fear an increase and seeing a nice downward trend...

Trend: DOWN

...and finally, putting on a pair of size six pants this morning and not having muffin tops spill over the top and being able to breathe while sitting all day long.

Large dog is unimpressed and is wondering when he'll
get that treat he was promised earlier.

These things are my new normal, if you could call it that.  I hope they become a permanent normal (except for those 12 mile pre-work runs), much like these nonlearning learnings I put at the end of each post:

  • Another new normal that isn't new is that I'm pretty much exhausted after work and blog super tired all the time.  You could probably tell.
  • Everyone needs a pair of Roar socks.  Literally everyone.
  • Female cat's approval of my socks is nice, but ultimately unnecessary as they had already been approved by large dog.
  • Large dog barely recognized me in normal clothes and without a visor on.
  • But I'm sure you recognize how awesome those red shoes are.  Yes, you do.

Tomorrow's workout:  Spin.  Weights.  Cross training goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment