Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Monday, March 4, 2019

Too much running, some fiddling, and animal pics

This morning I did a 10 mile treadmill run because (a) I have a treadmill and (b) it was way too freaking cold outside.




I was supposed to run a 14 mile speed session, but yesterday I decided to go fiddling about in the My Run Plan app and WHAMMO I completely screwed up my training schedule so that it was trying to train me for a marathon on 20 miles a week.  This resulted in lots of very short runs on the plan and a face that looked a lot like the one I had this morning after finishing those 10 treadmill miles.


It also resulted in a lot of swear words being directed at my phone, many of which are still hanging in the air above the couch as I write this.  I got a lot of dirty looks from female cat for this, whose delicate ears cannot handle such language.

Hyooman.  Stop swearing dammit.
I eventually fiddled about in the app the right way and got my plan somewhat back to normal, but it resulted in the 10 mile speed session I did this morning.  I was actually kind of sort of super glad I didn't have to do 14 miles of speed, as my quads, calves, and any other little leg muscle in my body was still tight from the 17 miler I did on Saturday on the hilly hills around my house.  Even after the run this morning I kept stiffening up while sitting at work and had to go take entire laps around the building (it's a big building) just to flush out all that crazy stiffness.  My legs are still pretty tight, but thankfully my supervisors are good about getting me into bed for some good sleepy-time-type recovery.

Woman.  Go to bed so you'll stop complaining.

And that's where this little runner is headed - to bed.  But you're headed for some learnings:

  • I haven't hurt this badly after a long run in a very long time...I'm either undertrained or just really stupid for running in the first place.
  • Life lesson: Don't go fiddling about in running training plan apps. 
  • Unless fiddling is your thing, I guess--then fiddle away.
  • Who's glad I don't run again until Wedneday?  This little tired runner.
  • Is this post just an excuse to post pictures of my animals?  Most likely.

Tomorrow's workout: Spin.  Weights. Hoping my quads untighten by Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment