Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Nike people: I need more pockets.

It's Christmas, and I got lots of cool fitness stuff today (along with a lot of body wash/beauty products from the hubbs; I know I should be offended).  But first, a gratuitous picture of my dog on her new dog blanket Santa brought her:


And a picture of my other dog waiting with breathless anticipation for Daddy to come home on Christmas Eve:



Now that the obligatory dog pictures are out of the way, on to the fitness stuff I acquired this morning thanks to a day dedicated to a guy who you'd think would be fitter-looking if he has to haul all this stuff around (oops--no presents for me next year).

First, I received this awesome Nike Elements running jacket in screamingly blinding orange so people can see me before they hit me and/or give me the finger for running on their road.  I wore it on a six mile Christmas day "I will be eating large amounts for dinner so I need to run now" run, and was completely toasty and comfortable even while running in 23 degree weather (windchill at 16 degrees).  What I am dumbfounded by, however, is the fact the men's version of the EXACT SAME JACKET (at least I'm 99% sure it's the same jacket) which I found on the clearance rack at a large sporting goods store whose name is also a sexual innuendo has WAY more pockets-5 to be precise-to stash your phone, gels, hand warmers, 6-pack of beer, etc.  How many pockets does the women's version have?  One.  One little pocket that I shoved my phone into and struggled to zip shut. Judging by the size of some women's purses, you'd think the exact opposite is what the jacket makers at Nike would do....but no, this is not the case.  I had to stash my hand warmers in a butt pocket for my run today.  My butt was very, very warm, in case you were wondering.  Toasty buns, even.

Women's is on the left; men's version on the right.

Notice the ONE pocket on the women's, and 5--yes FIVE--pockets on the men's jacket.
Nike people:  I NEED MORE POCKETS.

So what other cool stuff did I get for Christmas?  Take a gander at this:



Your jealousy is palpable. But please note that I only received this as a gift because: a) I have been whining about wanting one for 2 years, and b) I have a shitload of Cathe Friedrich DVDs that call for a barbell.  I know that dumbbells are just as good, but I want that badass feeling of pumping iron with a barbell.  In fact, I'm pretty sure that you develop more muscle with a barbell because you look so badass.  Now I just need some 5 pound plates (this set didn't come with any) so I can be a badass in a wimpy girly kind of way.  But that's not going to stop me from busting this baby out tomorrow for cross training.  I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow, if I can lift my arms up to the keyboard afterwards.



No comments:

Post a Comment