Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Monday, July 29, 2019

Well hey there. My run sucked this morning.

Well hey there. https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1FrTt8soP9M_X8TcgefGak2zNGOVV2BSB

This morning I had a 9.5 mile run on tap in the form of some delicious 1200 meter repeats...seven of them. And this run pretty much sucked from the get-go, and even my dinosaur shorts couldn’t save it. Here’s why:

  • I thought 1200s would be easy peasy compared to mile repeats but NOPE NOT TRUE they just suck 400 meters less at an 8:20 pace. My mental game was packed in a box in my closet this morning after I realized these were going to be hard.
  • Eating red meat for both lunch and dinner yesterday made Mother Nature call about 6 times during the run, and I ended up only running 4 of the 7 repeats uninterrupted.
  • My nose was running constantly...and having to wipe my nose so often was really pissing me off.
  • The top of my right foot started to whine in the 3rd repeat. Sooooo annoying.


Well, not every run is spectacular.  My own puny win out of this workout is that I got the distance on the training plan done...and I learned red meat is a pretty crappy friend.

Tomorrow’s workout: Some cross training goodness to help me forget the hot mess of this morning’s run.

No comments:

Post a Comment