Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Monday, June 18, 2018

Day 2, Week 1: Just a little Q&A

And on the blog today - a quick little Q&A:

Q: Why a Q&A today?

Because I'm not into writing paragraphs today.

Q: What's up with the title of the post?  Are you officially marathon training again?

Yep.  I'm officially training for Twin Cities this year, and away we go!

Q: The title of your blog says "Day 2."  Where the heck is Day 1?

Day 1s are so lame, I decided to skip it this time.  Not really.  Obviously, Day 1 was yesterday.  Also obviously, I completely forgot about putting it in the title.

Q: So, on this Day #2...what did you do?

Ran 2 miles on a very hot and humid 5:30 AM morning with large dog.  And stopped to take selfies.


ZOMG HEAT....and corn.

derp derp....DERP


Q: Only 2 miles?  Are you a wimp or something?

I am a total wimp about spiders and the sight of my own blood.  But I am not a running wimp - the My Run Plan app made me do it.  And I do what the app tells me to do.  Maybe the app is wimpy.  You'd really have to ask the app about that.

Q: Maybe I will.  Anyway, how's the eating today?  Still healthy?

Yep.  And DELICIOUS.

nom nom nom nom


Q: Any news on the weight loss-front?  Is the eating working?

Well, I haven't weighed myself in a while because I keep forgetting in the rush to get my workout in and getting ready for work.  But I was at the doctor today and after they weighed me I used the following equation to calculate my weight loss:

Weight on scale - Estimated pounds of clothes I'm wearing - Hey I ate food today so of course I weigh more - Normally I weigh myself in the morning so of course I weight more - Oh wait I forgot I was wearing my shoes when I got on the scale = Hey I think I lost a few pounds.

Feel free to use that math equation for your weight whenever you'd like.

Q: Anything else interesting happen at the doctor?

I fell asleep in the waiting room (I had to wait for half an hour) and then when they took my blood pressure it was on the low side...which sparked a LOT of concern and ended with me saying loudly I JUST WOKE UP FROM A NAP IN YOUR WAITING ROOM GEEEEEZ I'M ALRIGHT

Q: I think we're at the end of the post now.  Do you have a logical ending for once?

Nope.  Instead I have a gratuitous and nonsensical animal picture for you.  Enjoy.

Go away.  Post is over.

Q: Are you going to do that stupid "learnings" thing you normally do at the end?

Oh yes - most definitely.

  • This week is actually kind of a recovery week..the app won't let me run more than two miles at a time.  I hope that changes before the marathon.
  • That meal was freaking awesome.  BBQ pulled chicken over a baked potato with butter and sour cream.  UH-MAY-ZING
  • I was at the doctor for a check-up.  No freakouts, please.
  • Why doctors gotta weigh you all the time?  They should just trust you and take your word for whatever weight you write down.
  • It was super hot at 5:30 AM.  Like it has  every right to be hot because it's summer or something.


Tomorrow's workout: Weights!  Probably upper body of some kind with some abs thrown in for fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment