Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Day 3, Week 7: I'm 43 years old, dammit.

I'm 43 years old, and...

...I ran 5 mile repeats with large dog on this 50 degree summer morning.




...I can bike for hours at a time at speeds I never thought I would ever be able to do.



...I can sign up and run a marathon on a whim.



...I can lift heavy weights on the regular.



...I can train before the sun comes up and not begin to fall asleep at work until at least 2 PM every day.




...I have more race t-shirts and medals than any human being will ever, ever need.



...I have run 20 overnight long-distance relays where I made some awesome running friends.




...I would worship the person who first mass-marketed iced coffee to the world...if I knew who he/she was.



...I used to look like this.



...now I look like this.



...I am fed up with thinking about the body parts on my body that could be skinnier. 

I'm tired of forever-scrutinizing where I have excess body fat and feeling bad about it being there.  I'm 43-years tired of this.  It's time to think about the parts that do all the above amazing things (that I couldn't do at 23, by the way) rather than on the parts that I wish didn't bulge in odd ways when I put on clothing.

And now that I got that off my chest, it's also time to think more about replacing the water in my water bottle with iced coffee 24/7. 

Tomorrow's workout: Cycling, but not for 2 hours, peeps.  I gotta get to work some time in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment