Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Day 4, Week 5: Blogging is BACK with 4 things and 4 pics!

I'm back at the blogging thing, for two main reasons:

1) I miss dumping all my facetious brain garbage out for the whole world to see, and
2) I'm convinced I'm leaving a little bit more good in the world when I share my dumb fitness photos.

Plus it helps me de-stress from work until I can get a career that's less stressful...such as air traffic controller.

Anyway, here's a quick post about my bike ride this morning to whet your appetite for more of my facetious garbage...that consist of 4 things and some really bad pictures.  Away we go!

Thing #1:

Large dog was uber-duper sad that I was biking this morning instead of running.

UBER DUPER SAD FACE

Thing #2:

I definitely need to work on my "taking pictures whilst in motion on a bike that could potentially crash and kill me in a hot minute" picture-taking skills.

Bad biking selfie

Earthquake? Or just almost-crashing? Who knows.


Thing #3:

When you only get 4 hours of sleep but you still get up and go riding and running because my gawd you just have to get outside on a July morning when it's only 56 degrees outside, people.

That's not makeup.  Those are some huge-ass tired eye bags.

Thing #4:

Oh, I ran a mile after I got done with 17 miles on the bike.  Because a brick a day keeps the doctor away.  Or something.




Did you miss the learnings?  I know you did.  Your wait is over:

  • It was 56 degrees this morning and HOLY COW frozen toes on the bike.
  • But there was no wind so hey-frozen toes were worth it.
  • Should have worn my bike shoe covers, but...you know...I didn't because I'm a moron.
  • I ran that mile without headphones or music or anything and it was kind of horrible.  But it was good training for the actual duathlon where they won't let me wear them anyway.
  • Don't tell large dog I ran a mile without him or my socks will no longer be safe.


Tomorrow's workout: 5 easy miles...to make it up to large dog so I can get my socks back.


No comments:

Post a Comment