Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Day 4, Week 7: My cycling motivation this morning.

Today was a cycling day.  It was supposed to be 20 miles, but the workout ended after 17.5-ish miles because, you know, work.  And because my legs were all sorts of tired from the mile repeats done way too fast yesterday.


This workout almost didn't happen because of several reasons:

1) I woke up late despite zonking out asleep at 8 PM.
2) I wanted to have my morning coffee more than getting into my cycling shorts.
3) I had to Instagram my normal photos of my cute workout-interfering animals, and
4) I just didn't wanna do it.  I was tired.  My quads were clearly saying NOPE.

But I did get out and do it, for several more reasons:

1) Because I am a slave to the training schedule.
2) There was no wind and temps were in the 50s.  You can't waste a morning like that.
3) Because if I didn't do some sort of workout I fear that something drastic and vaguely apocalyptic would happen, like the Earth suddenly no longer spinning on its axis
4) Most importantly, I wouldn't have any stupid workout pics with which to annoy people on this little blog of mine.

I just FELT like biking. I crack myself up lol.

Your guess is as good as mine as to why I have that stupid smirk
on my face.

Look, ma, no tri suit for once!


Tomorrow's workout: The app calls a 3 x 2000m repeat workout a "threshold" workout.  I call is CRAY CRAY.


No comments:

Post a Comment