Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Thursday, January 24, 2019

That feeling when...you have so many feels.

That feeling when you wake up and have to get dressed for a 4:30 AM treadmill threshold/tempo run so you take a selfie of yourself at that hour of course:

Huge runner thighs are a go for launch


That feeling when you just wish you looked like this again and wish Medifast could make this happen in two weeks (minus being covered in mud because man does that set off my eczema these days):




That feeling when you use your urge to look like the aforementioned picture to get your butt down to the treadmill so you can run 7 miles under a bare lightbulb amongst that awesome smelly basement smell:





That feeling when you actually run both of those 2 x 2 mile repeats @ 9:00 pace without stopping ONCE to go to the bathroom:



That feeling when you walk into the bathroom to shower after your epic threshold run and see this first thing:

Whut hyooman a little privacy please

But especially that feeling when you realize you have a lot more treadmill runs ahead of you thanks to Mr. Polar Vortex coming back for a visit:

negative 22 BUH


That feeling when the post finally ends and puts you out of your misery with some learnings:

  • I'm very impatient with weight loss.  But as my wise mother once said, "It took a while for it to gain, it's going to take a while for you to lose."  *sigh*
  • I kicked ass on that mud run, btw.  6 miles of obstacles in 53 minutes.
  • I also kicked ass on that threshold/tempo run.  Didn't think I would be able to do both repeats because I tend to mentally break down during tempos on the 'mill.
  • Speaking of mental breakdowns, SERIOUSLY NEGATIVE 22 OH COME ON MOTHER NATURE
  • The cat, I can honestly tell you, is not worried about the weather at all.  Or tempo runs for that matter.


Tomorrow's workout: I have declared Fridays a "free space" to do whatever workout I want.  I'm leaning (or jumping, as it were) towards a total body plyometic workout, but who knows what 4 AM will bring?  Stay tuned.







No comments:

Post a Comment