Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Enough with the duathlons--it's MARATHON TRAINING TIME PEOPLE

Because it's never too early to start training for another race even thought I just did one on Saturday, it's time to start training for my next marathon-the BMW Dallas Marathon in December.

Here I am last year in Dallas clearly enjoying crossing the finish line.  And it is also clear that I picked out my clothes in the dark while blindfolded.





Last year I just ran this race to see Dallas from a runner's-eye view and check out the course.  I also ran it 15 pounds heavier, and struggled from mile 19 onward on what is a relatively flat course.  This year, however, I'm racing it.  The goal?  To run a 4:05 marathon.  My current PR is a 4:09:50, so I think shaving off 5 minutes is a decent goal.  So, how am I going to get there?  By:
  • following the Run Less, Run Faster Marathon Training Plan.  Running 3 days a week is my jam, ya'll.
  • biking on the cross-training days.  Since winter will be coming, I see a lot of indoor rides at the Y in my future.
  • continue my weight lifting 3 days a week-upper body one day and total body on two days.
  • try and lose about 5 more pounds by eating a ton of real food to get to my racing weight.
I am also determined to be consistent in my training.  Sometimes I have a nasty habit of skipping those tedious tempo runs, only to start sobbing in the back 10K of a marathon wishing I had just sucked it up and done those damn runs.  (It is a sad thing, methinks, that I am more motivated to run a 15+ mile run than I am a 6-mile tempo run.  Very, very sad.)  To help me be accountable to myself, I'm going to log my workouts every day.  This might mean a full-on post about a workout, or it could mean a lazy "here's a quick pic from the workout and that's all you get folks" post.  

Either way, it's a post a day until December 10th, people, so sit back and enjoy the ride and all of the ugly running pictures I'm going to post along the way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment