Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Friday, September 29, 2017

Day 6, Week 4: A tempo and an expo.

Today has been a very long day.  I had this freaking awesome post planned with this crazy funny FAQ about running with my insane dog, but even my funny is tired right now and it's going to have to wait.  But I still wanted to dash off a quick post to keep my blogging mojo trucking, so let me briefly tell you about the day: It all started with a tempo and ended with an expo.

First, the tempo:



The main accomplishments of my 5-mile tempo this morning are as follows:

  • I actually did it
  • The dog didn't pull me into the ditch as often
  • The temperature was PERFECT
  • I dared to go outside in those crazy running tights
  • I had some pretty decent splits and again ran too fast (miles 2-6 were supposed to be at an 8:48 pace.  Yeah.) and I will pay for this:




And then the expo:

After finishing the run and loading up the dog's bowl with ice cubes, I got ready to head on up to the Twin Cities to take on my Ultra Loony Challenge (5k, 10k, and a marathon in one weekend) with my twin sis.  She is braving the Loony Challenge, which is slightly less crazy by replacing the marathon in my challenge with a 10 mile run.


After a five hour drive with way too many bathroom stops, a coffee mug gone rogue in the car, and my crazy driving through downtown St. Paul, we made it to the expo, picked up our packets, bought too much running gear we didn't need, and headed to the hotel to settle in for the night.


Tomorrow we will both be running the 10K and the 5K, and we will be reviewing the hydration belt I talked about in an earlier post.  Expect to see a lot of pictures and twins making incredibly stupid poses and comments in videos taken before, during, and after those races.  Until then, it's time for this little runner to hit the sack.

Learnings:
  • This post wasn't very funny, Terie.
  • I know-I'm really tired because the dogs still got me up at my regular 4:30 AM wake-up time even though I had the day off.  Those jerks.
  • I also drove 5 hours and walked around a race expo.  Buying running gear you don't need is exhausting.
  • I'm going to bed now.  Nite!







No comments:

Post a Comment