Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Day 4, Week 2: Someone left the dog's naughty switch on and then I was forced to run with him.

The bike ride I planned for this dark morning didn't happen.  Why?  Because fog.  Lots of it.


Hubbs barely tolerates me riding in the dark, and he crosses the line at dark + fog + 5 AM.  So I made plans to do the ride after work (maybe) and then walked downstairs to find that someone left the large dog's naughty switch in the "on" position and naughty had overflowed all over the place during the night.  The mail had been stolen off the kitchen counter and was now sprinkled about the first floor all while my husband lay sleeping in his recliner, blissfully snoozing while surrounded by the fitting remains of the junk mail.  Some watch-husband he is.  

Anyway, since I couldn't do my ride, I decided to take the dog for a 3-mile spin to burn off some of his excess naughty.  This requires getting him dressed in his running duds, which he both loves and hates at the same time.  He loves to wear them running, but hates the fact that they have to be put on his body in any way, shape, or form.


Now, this dog is a smart dog.  But when we run he gets to looking all happy-goofy.  He looks like all that's going on in his head when he's running is the sound a cartoon spring makes...*boinGA boinGA*  See evidence below:



After we got back from a nice 3-mile run in the foggy blackness, I pondered the meaning of life, where babies come from (I know because I used to teach Biology), and the fact that I better get my butt in gear and get ready for my lovely hour-long commute through the backroads of northern Illinois.


Just kidding.  I was thinking about what snack I was going to have on the way to work.  A girl gets hungry on those backroads for an hour.  


Tomorrow's workout:  More weight-lifting goodness, with a twist!

No comments:

Post a Comment