Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Monday, September 11, 2017

Day 2, Week 2: A goat-free strength training workout.

I am happy to say that this morning's strength-training workout, pictured below and again by the wonderful Cathe, was entirely goat-free.



This is an upper body workout that's pretty intense.  It's broken down by body part; I shall give you my impression of each segment by listing the thoughts I have during the workout:


  • BACK: Back rows til the cows come home.  (but not goats)
  • CHEST: We're doing chest flys with 20 pound dumbbells THE WHOLE TIME? (How the hell is "flys" spelled in this context, anyway??)
  • TRICEPS: So many exercises, such a small muscle group.
  • SHOULDERS: No....more....lateral raises........*silentsob*
  • BICEPS: How many variations of a curl ARE THERE for cryin' out LOUD


Despite the mental anguish I display above, I really like this workout.  It is short (around 45 minutes is what I deem short...just remember I run marathons, people) and the exercises are effective and give me the guns I need to prop up my poor self-esteem.  All you need are dumbbells ranging from 5 pounds to 35 pounds, along with a step, a medium-level resistance band, and a mat.  What's the mat for?  Why, for your cat to attack while you're trying to get started on your ab workout, of course.




You haven't lived until a cat launches itself underneath your legs trying to get your shoelaces while you're doing sit-ups.  Trust me.  Just an FYI, the ab workout I did was not a part of the upper-body workout I did (boo).  Instead, it's the ab workout from Cathe's Flex Train workout (yay) which I like because it's shorter than 10 minutes and doesn't make me want to cry as much as her other ab workouts.  

Anyway, tomorrow's workout is a speed workout on the treadmill-a 5 x 1000m workout run at almost warp speed for me.  Let's all pray for another goat-free day.  



No comments:

Post a Comment