Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Damn you, kinetic theory.

Today's workout: 6 slow slow miles on the treadmill.

Well, technically, I ran slower at first, and then less and less slow over those 6 miles.  I like to practice my negative splits, you see.  Even at low speeds.  Must be safer that way.

I have no idea what happened at the start.  My Garmin keeps autopausing while I'm still in motion.


After those 800s and this slow slow run, I wore my support pantyhose to work today.  Just in case you didn't know, "support" means "you must put them on as if they were sausage casing because they are really low-grade compression garments sold as beauty aids."  I don't know if they work, but my legs feel pretty good right now.

This morning, however, was a different story.  My legs were still pretty tired from the 800s I did the night before when I got home from work.  In fact, I didn't want to run on the treadmill at all this morning.  It was nice enough outside that I could have run on the streets, except for that whole "the roads are all covered in slippery ice and snow" thing.  So the treadmill I hopped upon, looking forward to the fact that I could run my 8.5 mile tempo outside the next morning, because it was supposed to get warm enough to melt all that nasty ice and snow off the roads.

Except for the fact we are forecast to get a freezing rain/sleet mix starting at 1 AM.  Damn you, kinetic theory.

Guess I better go in search of all my mental toughness again for that tempo run.  I better go after the bits under the couch and behind the toilet just to make sure I am prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment