Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Monday, March 11, 2013

I came home, I cooked, I didn't die.

I told you all yesterday I was serious about losing this weight.  Day 1 of my serious weight-loss regime went pretty well, if I do say so myself and despite the fact that 99.9999% of all Day 1s of weight loss usually go well (as compared to Days 5 or 6).

I got up and worked out with some Jari Love this morning (Get Ripped & Chiseled) but skipped the lower body stuff because my hammies and quads were sore from yesterday's Supercuts extravaganza.  But my real workout was eating real food today.  And a little less of it than normal.  I just wish I didn't eat breakfast at 4:00 A.M. and then not have lunch until 11:45 A.M.; it tends to cause me to get a little snack-happy before lunch.

Anyhoo, I ate real carrots with my lunch, and came home and cooked dinner for myself.  This dinner consisted of:


  • a banana
  • half a sweet potato with a bit of butter and cinnamon
  • a home-made chicken and cheese and salsa and jalapeno on a white wheat wrap thingie quesadilla:


There's stuff in it.  Really.

The quesadilla idea came from the fact that I was going to make a wrap but then put a little too much stuff in it and I realized there was absolutely no way I was going to be able to close the wrap.  So ta-da!  A quesadilla was born.  And then eaten.  Nom nom nom.

What's crazy was that it took all of 15 minutes tops to prepare all that food.  No more "I don't have time to cook" drivel out of me from now on.  Instead of saying that, I'll use that time to teach my husband the proper way to say "quesadilla." (He pronounces it "kay-suh-dill-uh."  The neanderthal.)

I'm hoping this good eatin' is going to help my tendinitis heal itself all up.  It felt pretty good today; the naproxen is really helping it out, I think.  I successfully walked around barefoot for 10 minutes without feeling it.

It gave me hope.  Enough hope that I am going to attempt to return to training tomorrow.  We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment