Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

I just felt like pancakes.

The foot is still not 100%.  It is having its good days and bad days.  I have been icing and ibuprofening and running only in Asics-ing and it hasn't gotten any worse.  The flexibility in the toe is much better, but there is a nagging soreness on the top of my foot directly above the arch.  I have finally figured out that I should wear dress shoes to work that do not cover that part of my foot, and I can walk pain-free all day.  Unlike last week.

Injuries suck.  But it could be worse.  I have to make sure to do enough to make it better.  So that's why I did some speed work on Tuesday and two easy 3 mile runs today on the treadmill.  Because I suck at trying to make injuries that suck get better.

But, on a brighter note, I felt like pancakes for dinner:



These are not just any pancakes--they are banana-cinnamon whole wheat pancakes.  Word.  And they were delicious.  

I always read about runners eating tons of pancakes for some reason, so I thought I'd join the pancake club. OK, not really--I was just too lazy to cook anything that involved more than 3 steps.  Plus, I got to use our griddle, which is a snap to clean and makes pancakes all golden-brown and delicious.  This is unlike my frying pan, which turns pancakes into solid bricks of glue that will never, EVER come off the bottom of my pan again.  

Also, I had pancakes because I just felt like pancakes.  Pancakes are good.  

Plus, pancakes fit into my eating manifesto, which I have been following pretty well.  I have been better about eating real veggies and cutting out some of my snack-happiness.  However, I did eat potato chips the other night, but they were jalapeno potato chips--the most awesome chips in the entire known universe, and they literally jumped into my mouth before I could stop them.  I'm really just a victim here.

Speaking of being victimized, I have a tempo run in the morning.  Let's see if 6 miles of 10K pace running can make my foot feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment