Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Friday, March 22, 2013

My long run is the boss of me.

So I came home last night and was too tired to do my tempo run.  Plus, my foot was kind of tweaking and hurting, so I decided to get a good night's sleep and do my tempo run this morning.

The morning was as good as a morning could be around here where it is almost the end of March and there is still snow on the ground and snow is forecast for Sunday.  It was 16 degrees outside, but there was barely any wind, so the run was pretty comfy.  It still sucks that I have to wear 2 layers of clothing, but if the wind stays calm, I won't be freaking out so much about the cold temperatures.

Here's the lowdown on the run:


  • My foot didn't hurt.  At all.  It doesn't hurt now, and I wore high heels all day.  It's like the faster I run, the less it hurts.  My body thinks it is perpetually opposite day.
  • The 6th and final mile of the tempo run  was rough.  Really rough.  I could feel the tiredness in my legs.  I don't know if this is because of overtraining or because I wimped out so often during my tempo runs on the treadmill that my body is not trained.  Or if it's because I did 22 miles on Sunday and am still recovering.  Who knows.
  • My Asics Gel Nimbus 13s are pretty damn good shoes.  I don't know why I stopped wearing them.  (Probably because I am stupid).
  • My Achilles was whining again after the run; some stretching took care of it.  
  • Running on dirt is much better for my knees than running on pavement.  Note to self: Find a 16+ mile route that is dirt.


Tomorrow morning I get to rise early to do a 16 mile run, and then I get to drive to Alabama to see my mother.  I have designed the itinerary so that I can get my long runs in without having to find somewhere strange to run in another state.  Like the title says, my long run is the boss of me.

At least I'll have this to keep me company on my future long runs:



I paid an obscene amount of money for this.  But I tried it on, and it fits like a glove.  I will definitely be trying this out tomorrow and letting you know how it performs for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment