Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Sunday, August 19, 2018

Day 1, Week Who Knows?

Well.  I only managed 11 miles of an 18 mile run.  Again.  As you can imagine, I'm a little disgruntled about this.

Disgruntled Level: MAX



 This extreme shortening of the run was for two reasons:

1) The exhaustion from yesterday carried over into today and I didn't get going until 8:30 AM. Which meant it was getting a little toasty outside.
2) My left butt reared its ugly glute pain in mile 8 and it was all I could do to get back to the house.

I tried to do the last 7 or so on the treadmill, which is where I can unselfconsciously run without a shirt and take selfies at an angle that doesn't reveal all my copious fat rolls, but my left butt was having none of that treadmilling either.

WARNING: Snazzy visor and extremely white belly alert

So I had to seriously revise my race goals, people.  Here's the deal:

1) My new goal race is the Dallas Marathon in December.
2) Until my duathlon, I'm only running 11-15 miles on Sundays.
3) I changed the number of run days per week in the training app from 4 to 3.
4) I'm going to have to start my day and week numbering for these posts all over again.  Sorry about that for all you Type As out there.
5) It's a stupid idea to train for a long-distance duathlon and a marathon at the same time.  Really stupid.

I feel good about this decision, as I can now solely focus on my duathlon (less than 30 days away!) and then just putz my way through the Twin Cities Marathon like I normally do.  Now if I could only decide how to end this post...I think a random pic of one of my animals will do the trick.



And there you go.

Tomorrow's workout:  Upper body weights!  Abs!  Nothing involving my legs for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment