Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Friday, August 10, 2018

Days 5 & 6, Week 8: A tempo, some weights, and holy crap how long is my bike ride tomorrow?!?

Guess who ran a tempo Thursday morning and only had her left butt muscle hurt a little bit?

OK, I won't make you guess - it was me.

woot woot

Of course, after I landed from that jump I re-injured myself.  Just kidding--I had to race inside and get ready for work because they crazily expect me there in the mornings, not just the afternoons.

Anyhoo, two things about that tempo:

1) I ran it too fast, as you can see below:


2) And I ran it with my new Nathan 20 ounce hand-held, and I'm pretty much in love with the thing.  I could give many smooches to the person who finally figured out how we could carry water with us in a bottle and not actually grip it, causing me to feel like my arm will fall off mid-run from the effort.

A tender bonding moment.  Totally running BFFs.

Today's workout was just some weights (Cathe's PHA workout), and I was surprised I actually did it because I farted around most of the day.  Evidence of aforementioned surprise is for you below and is maybe totally not faked at all (those sweat stains are extremely not faked):

ZOMG how did this dumbbell get here?!?

But the biggest surprise of all will be when I get done with this bad boy of a ride tomorrow.



Fifty point freaking one seven miles, people.  That's what's on deck for tomorrow, along with a 3 mile run afterwards.  If I can stay awake after I'm finished, I'll tell you all about it righcheer on this blog.  Stay tuned kids.

Tomorrow's workout: Weren't you paying attention?  I already told you.


No comments:

Post a Comment