Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Day 4, Week 8: Stupid axial tilt of the Earth as it revolves around the Sun.

This morning's workout?  A sweet little 17-ish mile bike ride on a cool-ish morning with no wind (yay!).  Just a few quick things about this ride because I am about to pass out asleep on my keyboard:


1) The first time I ever wore a tri suit to go biking I was convinced the cows and horses were telling me how fat I was in it with their eyes as I rolled by their pastures.  Now I throw one on anytime I bike and I'm all like "DEAL WITH MY FAT ROLLS SUCKERS I GOTTA TRAIN HOW I RACE"

Tr-suit SEXY.

2) I am secretly (and now not-so-secretly) impressed with the fact I can bust out two splits at and 18 mph average after doing 8-ish miles of speed work yesterday.



3) Did you notice the time the ride started in the picture above?  Did you also notice that there's more and more dark around in the mornings this time of year?  And that dark made the start of the ride look a lot like this:

I did bike on the road, not the grass, btw.

Stupid dark and the stupid axial tilt of the Earth as it revolves around the Sun that causes the more dark to happen.

Cycling in the dark.  Buh.  Double-buh, in fact.  Earth science ruins everything.


Tomorrow's workout: A tempo run has finally appeared in the My Run Plan app...


No comments:

Post a Comment