Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Monday, August 6, 2018

Day 2, Week 8: Once-sentence workout summaries

Life once again has gotten in the way of my blogging habit.  And by "life" I mean "work and sleep and the hubbs committing me to go to events in the evening."  So, to catch everyone up and keep this blog active, here's some one-sentence summaries of my workouts since last we met.

Day 6, Week 7: Strength Training

Dumbbells, barbells, and stupid post-workout pics...oh my.






Day 7, Week 7: Forty-five (!) miles on the bike + 2 mile run.

Forty-five miles of swearing at the wind using words that made the corn threaten to wash my mouth out with soap.





Day 1, Week 8: 15 treadmill miles.

15 grueling miles so bad the only thing good about it was my freaking awesome visor that did not shield me from the sun because, you know, treadmill. 




Day 2, Week 8: Wait a minnit...where's the workout?


OK, I confess - that's a pic of my dog sleeping and NOT me working out.  I didn't get off the treadmill until 9:30 last night, and after showering, eating dinner, and giving all the animals their goodnight kisses, it was time to get into bed.  And when the alarm went off at 3:30 AM my body was all NOPE WE ARE SLEEPING IN and hit the snooze repeatedly without me even knowing until it was around 5 AM.  And we all know what that means - it was too late to fit a workout in between breakfast and coffee and sleeping for another 15 minutes in the chair in the living room.

But rest assured that tomorrow's scheduled speed session will take place..and so will the whining about it on this blog afterwards.  Stay tuned!

Tomorrow's workout: 10 freaking miles of speed work.  Have I mentioned how I think my training plan app is trying to kill me?  

No comments:

Post a Comment