Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Thursday, February 15, 2018

3 miles, 3 lessons, 1 dog that likes to jump in snow drifts.

I went for a three mile easy run this morning.  Normally these runs are pretty uneventful, but today I got taught a lesson for each of those miles.

Lesson #1: When you run a lot on the treadmill and then start to run tempos and such outside, your legs kind of hurt when you run.  And they really kind of hurt in that first mile kind of a lot.

Lesson #2: After realizing your legs hurt, negative splitting your easy run probably isn't a good idea.



Lesson #3: Large dog yanking me hard to the left to jump on top of (and then sink into) the snow banks in the ditches made my legs hurt even more.  

And then he couldn't even give me the courtesy of taking a break from his snow obsession to look at the camera for our post-run selfie.  The nerve.

Priorities.


And the nerve of me to add more learnings at the end of a post about lessons:
  • Anyone else sick of running in the dark?  Anyone?  I think I see a few hands out there.
  • No large dogs were harmed in the making of this post.  But a large dog did get all wet and muddy during the run this morning.
  • This running too fast thing is getting pretty ridiculous.  My legs and I are going to have to have a little heart to heart.  Or head to legs, as it were.
  • Admit it - I am completely IRRESISTABLE in that headlamp.  Mmmm.

Tomorrow's workout: Total body workout! Will my barbell make an appearance??  Stay tuned...


No comments:

Post a Comment