Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Just a little Q&A about my day.

Q: So, how'd that 5 mile tempo run go this morning?

A: I think I may have been traumatized by it.


Q: Geez, doesn't sound good.  What went awry?

A: I had to do it on the treadmill, first of all, because it had the nerve to freaking snow a few inches overnight and the roads weren't plowed when I needed to get my run on.  Secondly, my lungs are still giving me crap and making easier tempo paces (8:45) seem way harder than they are, so I had to stop a few times and I felt like a total wimp.  Finished the entire run, though.


Q: Hmm...that run gave you a run for your money.  You going to throw that run some attitude?

A: Yep.

mmmm HMMMM take that sucky tempo run


Q: Very attitudinous.  Well, was your eating any better today? Did you track your food?

A:  I don't know if my eating was "better," but I did manage to remember to record everything.  And here's the proof:



Q: How'd you like using that app?

A: I dug it.  I really dug that you could just scan the bar code on whatever it is you're eating (if it comes with a bar code, that is--good luck finding one on a banana) and it would pop up for you without having to search so you could add it to your food diary.  Although, like anything with a pay wall, I hated that BS "upgrade so you can see things you should be able to see for free" thing that kept appearing everywhere.  Greedy greedy app developers; you're supposed to HELP people, not gouge them, dammit.  Why can't everything be free and we don't have to use money like in Star Trek?!?!


Q: Alrighty, that's enough - can you calm yourself and stifle your app indignation?

A: Yes.


Q: Now that you're calm, any profound eating takeaways from today's food tracking adventure?

A: Nope.  Other than the fact that the app reassured me I was getting more than my fair share of fiber during the day.  That's the kind of thing that keeps me awake at night.


Q: Really?

A: Not really.  What keeps me awake at night are all the scary stories I listen to on my horror story podcasts.  And staying up blogging when I should be asleep seeing as how I get up at 3:30 AM every morning.


Q: Oh....right.  Well, can you at least leave us with some stupid pictures of your animals?

A: Absolutely.


Hyooman.  Stop hogging my side of your bed.

Hyooman.  No one cares about your sucky tempo runs.


Q: Will there be your normal end-of-post nonsensical learnings that are really just random commentary about what you wrote in your post?

A. You bet your sweet sucky tempo run there will be.  And here they are:

  • It was all I could do to get through that run.  I think I may have to go to a doctor about this whole "perpetual sore throat and shortness of breath" thing I have going on.
  • Tracking my food was actually very informative.  And the calorie goal it set kept me from having too many snacks this afternoon.  Because snacking is my jam, ya'll.
  • I would have posted pictures of the dog, but they would have all been of their blurry heads moving because they were not about me taking pictures of them this morning.
  • I'd write another stupid learning, but hey-it's 8:30 and it's time for bed for this little runner.


Tomorrow's workout: Easy 3-miler.  On the treadmill, most likely.

No comments:

Post a Comment