Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Monday, February 5, 2018

The many faces of sucky speed work.

Face #1: Joy at wearing those FREE SHOES (Brooks Levitate) I won during the Twin Cities Marathon in October.  They arrived yesterday and I was all LET'S GET AT THAT SPEED WORK IN THESE BABIES (and they were nice.  I like them.  Even though they're probably more appropriate for tempo or long runs with all that cushion they got in 'em).



Doesn't everyone hold up new shoes to their faces?

Face #2: Sadness at having a sucky speed session (2 x 1200, 4 x 800 @ 7:45 pace), even though the pace has never been a "omg I don't think I can make it" pace ever before.  I think my lungs still aren't over my sickness from a few weeks ago, as evidenced by the stuff that is still coming out of my nose when I blow it. (Mercifully not pictured.  You're welcome.)

Sucky speed work face


Face #3: The female cat judging the ever-loving snot out of you (but not the snot coming out of my nose) for struggling your way through the repeats, stopping in each one to blow more junk out of your nose.

Hyooman.  Mega-wimp.  Stop your wheezing and run.



Face it--here come some learnings:

  • The yin and yang of running.  That was the run this morning.
  • I'm really tired and I hope you appreciate the energy it took to throw up some random pics and facetious garbage words on this post.
  • I hope my lungs get better for next week's speed session, because the wheezing was bothering me as well as female cat.
  • I really did like those Brooks Levitates.  I can't wait to try them out for a tempo or a long run.
  • Nothing is ever good enough for female cat.  Ever.  Get used to it.


Tomorrow's workout: Got me some Boot Camp on the schedule...



No comments:

Post a Comment