Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

ZOMG Race Photos

Geez.  Go out of town and run a little marathon and ker-BLAM work tends to get a little nuts when you get back, preventing a little running blogger like me from blogging because you pass out exhausted after you get home.  But it didn't prevent me from working out, managing to do a 30 minute bike ride Tuesday morning (skipping my usual speed session in homage to my really tired hill-abused legs) and a tempo run this morning that I ran too fast (supposed to be run at an 8:44 pace) even on my poor tired legs:

Need a tempo run too fast?  I'm your girl.

Of course large dog went with me so I could wear him out and save my baseboards and drywall for one more day from his entropy production.

cheeeeeese

Lazy laying down water-drinking dog being eyeballed supiciously
by a cat.

And would you get a load of all the awesome scenery you get when running at 4:53 AM around my little countryside house?  Just beautiful...beautifully dark and boring.

Beautiful.  Gorgeous.  Wish you were here.


But even though I am still currently exhausted from my running too fast and my crazy work day, I had one overwhelmingly compelling reason to still post instead of crawiilng straight into bed: I got my marathon photos.

Someone gave me this medal at the end of the race for some reason.

So please -- allow me the pleasure of sharing some of the better ones for you.  And by "better" I mean "ones I intentionally screwed up in the name of humor."

#1:

ZOMG the finish just snuck up and surprised me!



#2:
Look!  A medal!  Who knew?


#3:

I'm pointing down to distract people from my
crazy visor hair.


#4:

A picture of me posing for a picture SO META


#5:

And another watch-stopping picture to add to my collection.
Because I don't have enough.


#6:

Could be a pre-race photo...could be me helping to
hold up my sister while she suffers a face seizure.


And finally...lucky #7:

ZOMG a starting line to a race just popped up
out of NOWHERE will you just LOOK at this?!?


Sleepy exhausted post learnings:

  • I took way crazier ones on a different part of the course but apparently those pictures have completely vanished from the face of the earth.
  • I'm so tired just looking at these pictures of me running is making letter "Zzzzz"s form directly above my head.
  • Maybe if I wouldn't run my tempos too fast I wouldn't be so exhausted right now.
  • Don't you hate it when a starting line just pops up from nothing and then you just have to run the race?  Yeah, me too.


Tomorrow's workout: 30 minutes or so on the exercise bike staring at a blank wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment