Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

One day when I'm all grown up I will exercise AND eat right at the SAME TIME. And happy VDay.

Happy Valentine's Day!  Please know that I love each and every one of you.



My gift to you is my first post this week, seeing as now I'm not in a hotel that charges $15.00 a day to check email and $20.00 a day to get access to the full internet.

Bogus.  If only Blogger would bring its iPhone app back.

Anyway, here's the rundown of my workouts this week, two of which were done in a hotel fitness center at 4:30 AM:


  • Monday: 6 x 800 treadmill workout next to a small child on another treadmill in a swimsuit running barefoot at top speed.
  • Tuesday: 30 minutes on an exercise bike, 20 minutes of weights, and 5 minutes of fitness center selfies.





  • Wednesday: Yet another too fast tempo with large dog in the cold.  The pace for miles 2-6 was supposed to be 9:00 min/mile.




But what about my eating? 


  • Monday: Nice omelet for breakfast, hotel scavengings all day, too much coffee from the coffee bar, and a FREAKING EXPENSIVE steak dinner at the hotel restaurant because I was much to lazy to leave the hotel and find something cheaper.
  • Tuesday: Again an omelet for breakfast, more hotel scavengings, and a trip through a McDonald's drive-thru because I had to drive back from Chicago to work to present at a night meeting and I had to eat in the car while driving or I would have been late
  • Wednesday: My usual oatmeal and lunch since I was now back at home but had to run through another drive-thru on the way home to eat while driving or dinner would have been at 9 PM.


Now that I have overshared my workouts and my eating for the week, let me leave you with another VDay gift: Some learnings.

  • I never understood how people could say that fast food was their only option until I got my current job.  Now I get it.
  • I've still been logging my food in MyFitnessPal (I'm spacemonkey75 in case you want to connect) faithfully, so I have that going for me, which is nice.
  • However, I have wanted to lie to my food diary several times.  Especially when I break down and have fast food.  But I have resisted....so far.
  • One day, when I'm all grown up, maybe I will get my workout AND eating acts together at the same time.


Tomorrow's workout: 3 mile easy run, and exercising some good judgment not to hit a drive-thru on the way home. Except if it belongs to Starbucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment