Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Wednesday, April 11, 2018

I did an evening workout. No, really, I did. I'm not lying.

Are you sitting down, kids?  Because today I did something that I rarely ever, EVER do: I did a workout after I got home from work.  I went for a bike ride.



I know!  Unbelievable, right?  Even large dog couldn't believe I actually did it.

Mom.  No. Way.

But yes, way, I did it, mainly because I wanted to give my new tri suit a test run before I did a duathlon in it like an idiot. I have pictures to prove that this run was done in this universe, so let me show them to you while I enumerate the reasons why I love cycling:

Reason #1:  It's not running.

Variety in your workouts keep you working out...and since cycling is pretty low impact unless a car hits you, and it's the low-impact recovery-esque nature of cycling that appeals to me.

Reason #2: Cycling in a tri suit.

While I've only actually completed one triathlon, I still like to do my dus in a tri-suit because I feel more aerodynamic.  And because apparently I enjoy wearing outfits that prolong my time in the port-a-john because you kind of have to undress to do what's needed to be done.  You know.



Reason #3: Who wouldn't want to wear a helmet?

I mean, really....helmets are sexy because they keep your brain right where it is - and that's where it should be.

Yep.  Brain is right where I left it.

Reason #4: I get to lay down while I ride and get drinks whenever I want.

I don't think I can cycle any other way. 

Lay down, have a drink, pedal like hell.


Reason #5: When you think you'll need months of training to get back to the speeds you were racing at in September and then you nail those speeds on your second ride of spring.

Average of 17.8?  Yes, please.  And it would have been 18.0 mph average if I hadn't had to re-teach myself how to snot rocket on the bike while continuing to pedal.




Reason #6: I apparently enjoy always getting bike grease all over me.

Every.  single.  freaking.  time.

Sexy.  Not really.

So there you have it - a rare evening workout that was more than just a good intention that waned throughout the day.  And you also have some of my stupid photos.  You're welcome.

And now, welcome some learnings:

  • Did you see those socks and sandals?!?  Yasssssssssss.
  • Blue is my fave color to wear for cycling, if you couldn't tell.
  • I would have killed for a 17.8 average when I was training all last summer for my Olympic Du.
  • The tri suit was pretty amazing, in case you were wondering.  And cheap, too - only $70.00.
  • Snot rockets on the bike take a LOT of coordination.  For me, anyway.


Tomorrow's workout: Last tempo on the training schedule WOOT



No comments:

Post a Comment