Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Monday, April 30, 2018

4 pictures, 4 sentences: Yep, it's another one of *those* posts

Picture #1: Simon and I headed outside around 5 am-ish this morning to do some speed work called for by the Runner's World Run Plan app.  We took a post-run picture to commemorate the run for all eternity as "The first morning run we've done where it was pretty much light out the whole time" in 2018.
Confession: My face is holding his head so he's
looking somewhere in the direction of the camera.

Picture #2: Here's the workout that the RW app mailed to me on Sunday that I was supposed to do and actually did today.  Please note that this is kind of a lot of freaking miles to run in the morning before for for someone who is already "getting to work on time challenged." And if you're not noting it, I have helpfully noted it for you in the picture.  



Picture #3: After doing the workout, I was fiddling around in the app and found this hidden away in the app as the workout I was really supposed to do today.  As you can see, it's juuuuuust a little different from the one I did.  And by "different" I mean "a whole heck of a lot shorter."

Totally angry-face justified.


Picture #4: Large dog didn't care at all about the messed up workouts.  He was too busy mega-derping all over the road.

MEGA DERP

No mega-derping in these learnings, that's for sure:
  • Large dog doesn't get the concept of "slowing down" during the recovery intervals of speed work.  At all.
  • Even though I did the wrong workout, the workout I did was refreshingly new to me.
  • Although that feeling of refreshment could have just been due to the ability to see the road without a headlamp for once.
  • That RW app has been harder to figure out than I anticipated.  I must be reaching the age where I need a younger person to do things for me to make me feel older than not being able to figure out an app on my own does.  More frustrated blog posting on this tomorrow with more badly marked-up screenshots coming your way.
Tomorrow's workout (I finally found it in the app!): A 50-minute bike ride!  Partially in the dark.


No comments:

Post a Comment