Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Saturday, April 14, 2018

One post, three workouts, lots of dumb pics.

What a week.  What a crazy, tiring, way-too-much-work-filled week.  This work thing is totally getting in the way of my true passion: posting dumb fitness photos and random pics of my animals.

Dumb photo of my awesome tempo-running tights

Random animal pic

Now that I got that out of my system, let's recap the three workouts I've done so I can throw more dumb photos at you, shall we?

Workout #1: An oh-so-fun tempo run.

As you probably already know, I ran it way too fast, ran it with large dog, and actually got to run it in spring running gear rather than winter.  Large dog was pretty happy about that, even though he only has one outfit...all the time.





Workout #2: Cathe's PHA workout.

This is one of my favorite workouts because it a) involves heavy weights, and b) has easily doable exercises.  I don't have any stupid fitness photos for this one, so you'll just have to settled for a random picture of one of the cats.

Hyooman.  I refuse to be a part of your stupid blog.

Workout #3: Ten mile treadmill run.

I wanted to do this last long-ish run outside in the beautiful spring weather we're supposed to be having this time of year, but someone ordered the wrong weather and we got this instead:

They even ordered it all crooked.  Send it back.
 
It was rainy and had some serious 30 mph winds going on out there, so to the treadmill I went, watching Dr. Strange as I slowly ran 10 miles to nowhere.

Only took me a minute!  Ok, maybe a few more.

I'm convinced my purple shorts gave me the power to plow through those miles.  



Large dog, however, just sat around looking super duper sad because I didn't take him for his run today.  And I'm sure he also plotted his revenge which probably will involve some of my socks or other unmentionables going missing some time in the near future.

Mom will pay for this treadmill transgression.

While large dog plots away, let's take a look at some learnings:
  • I ran that tempo run more like a progression run because I'm a woman and I can do whatever I want.
  • Dr. Strange starts off slowly but then finds its groove when all the magicks and explosions and crazy building transformations start happening.
  • As I was writing this sentence, large dog trotted by with one of my socks.  Revenge accomplished.

Tomorrow's workout:  Upper body goodness and a bike ride because I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment