Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Monday, April 9, 2018

It's all about perspective. And bad workout photos.

When I got up today at 3:30 AM to take the dogs out as per the uzhe, I was welcomed to this unwelcome sight for an early April dark morning:

BOOOOOOOOO

Which was better than 3 years ago today, when this was outside in my front yard instead of snow:

DOUBLE BOOOOOOOOO

That day I spent most of the evening in a dark basement with candles and an old arthritic scared dog under a blanket waiting for my house to be destroyed.  I'll take the snow, thanks, after putting that in perspective.

And now that I have some mental perspective, let me show you a few perspectives from the workout this morning.

#1: The perspective of me finding that premix for my upper body workout that has the abs inserted in the middle of the workout:



#2: The perspective of me choosing a lighter weight upper body workout because my taper started this morning...with me being completely flummoxed by the sheer lightness of the weights:

Is it really a weight if it's under 10 pounds?!?

#3: And finally, the perspective of male cat judging my choice of a light weight upper body workout.

Hyooman.  Your puny weights disgust me.

A final perspective from a learnings point of view:

  • Yep.  I'll take snow over tornadoes any day of the week.  Or month of the year.  Or year of the decade.  You get the idea.
  • Well, that light weight workout was effective, because my back is kind of begging for mercy right now.
  • I think my little head scarfy-thing just increases the overall sexy of that is that post-workout selfie.  Really.
  • Cats.  Nothing I ever do will be good enough.


Tomorrow's workout: Speed!  5 x 1000m!  Maybe outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment