Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Saturday, April 7, 2018

Supposed to run 13 miles yet only did 4. Seems legit.

I think I'm becoming hostile to long runs.  And today it wasn't even that long - just 13 miles.  Although I did manage to get dressed, hook the large dog to me, and head out the door for some running, I only managed 4 miles.  Here's why:

  • After the first mile I had to make a pit stop back at the house to change jackets.  I was wearing a new Nike jacket in the 15 mph winds, and the little drawstrings at the collar kept smacking me in the face whilst I was running.  And we all know how annoying THAT can be.
  • After the second mile I had to make another pit stop back at the house because Mother Nature.
  • I had to run this run at marathon pace, and the 15 mph winds were completely bumming me out about that.
  • I had to make yet ANOTHER pit stop at the house after the fourth mile because Mother Nature again.


After the last pit stop, I was all I'M DONE.  I just chalked this up as a 4 mile workout and went and took a nice, long hot shower.  I checked the weather for tomorrow morning, and while the temps will be in the 20s, the wind will also be at a lovely 3 mph -- so those 13 miles have been rescheduled for tomorrow AM right after I clean the house and try and beat back all the animal fur for another week.

Because I didn't bother to take any selfies of myself with large dog in our running duds, you'll have to settle for a picture of my dinner cooking:

How I do tacos.

And this picture of female cat judging me as per usual because I cut my run short.


Hyooman.  You have disappointed me.  Again.


I don't regret it.  I got a workout in and I still have time tomorrow to do the run.  The only thing nagging at me at the moment is that 56 mile bike ride I'm going to have to do in June even thought I've only ridden outside once this winter.

Once the weather decides to be spring, I predict a lot of frantic bike rides after work.  Good times ahead, kids.

Speaking of good times, here's some learnings:

  • I'm actually excited about doing the run early in the morning.  The later I do the run the less I actually want to do it, and there's just something magical about running right after the sun comes up.
  • There's also something magical about sleeping in on a Sunday, but tomorrow I'm choosing running magic over sleeping-in magic.
  • Female cat.  Always judging.  Judgers be judging.
  • In case you were wondering, those tacos were amazing.


Tomorrow's workout:  13 miles as the sun comes up!

No comments:

Post a Comment