Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

My Glass City Marathon history as told in bad race photos.

This morning the training schedule said I should go outside and do a 10 minute warm up and then run 3 miles at my marathon pace (9:20).  So I got on my winter running gear EVEN THOUGH IT IS MID-APRIL and gave it a well-deserved eye-roll...



... and I managed to get large dog into his running duds....

zomg zomg running zomg running zomg

...and then I went out and ran those three miles too fast.  SURPRISE



Large dog didn't seem to mind either the too-fast run or the fact that I'm making a stupid face behind his head.




Speaking of stupid faces, I mentioned yesterday that I have run the marathon I am presently freaking out about (the Glass City Marathon) 5 times--and that means I have LOTS of stupid race photos from those 5 times.  Please allow me to share with you my favorite picture from each year, starting with the first:

2013: Holy crap I survived.  (My first time running a marathon ever!)



2014: I PR'd the SNOT out of that course and now I'm in a world of suffering I have never known before.



Bonus pic: Other uses for the mylar sheets.




2015: I'm just here to strike poses and run 26.2 miles.



2016: Well, I jumped here last year so why not keep that streak alive.



2017: I will punch this marathon in the FACE



While those pics are all my faves, the best pic from Toledo I have is from the second year that I ran the half marathon:



I call this one: Why all the sad faces WE JUST RAN A HALF MARATHON wheeeeeeeee


And I call these bullet points below "learnings" even though they're not anything of the sort:
  • It can stop being winter with all it's snow and sleet and cold any day now.  Really.
  • The weather forecast in Toledo for Sunday is sunny, but the day will start in the 30s and end in the 40s.  It could be worse, I guess.
  • My face in 2014: Priceless.
  • Just you wait--I have all sorts of poses lined up for this year.


Tomorrow's workout: Maybe some yoga.  Maybe some walking.  Whatever it is, my legs are getting a rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment