Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Thursday, April 5, 2018

I'm exhausted. Here's some pictures and random words about workouts and stuff.

It's been an exhausting week, kids.  Work has been sucking away a lot of my time away from this little blogging habit of mine, and I'm resolved from now on to at least throw up one stupid picture with a caption I wrote while half asleep for your viewing pleasure.  Today however, mainly because I'm pretty freaking exhausted right now, you get at LEAST 5 stupid pictures about my workouts over the past 3 days.  Maybe more if I can stay awake long enough.

Workout #1: An 8 x 800m speed session.  Kind of.

I was supposed to do 8 of those 800m repeats, but only ended up doing 5 because:

  • I got up late and couldn't do them before work,
  • I got a late start after work and wanted to stop early so I could go to bed on time, and 
  • I had to keep stopping for various stuff, like bathroom visits and the fact I had to TIE DOWN my watch band so the stupid magnet would stop slipping down and loosening the band causing my watch to try and escape my wrist.


This...is so much BS.  Even the cat agrees.

Plus, I just wasn't freaking feeling this workout.  It felt hard.  And I just wanted to go to bed, as you can tell below.

BUH BUH and more BUH

Some workout is better than no workout.  I guess.


Workout #2Cathe's Boot Camp workout from her Strong & Sweaty series.

I was strong.  It was sweaty.  There was a lot of jumping and barbell.  Female cat supervised both my workout and the barbell to make sure it didn't roll away.

Hyooman.  Barbell not going anywhere on my watch.


Workout #3: Tempo run.

Tempoooooooooed it

This run is another reason why I'm so exhausted right now--take a peek at that start time.  And the sad thing is that was actually a little late - I had to cut the tempo short by a mile or I would have been cutting it close to get to work on time.

At least I got to give one of my birthday boys (large and small dog both have the same birthday - today) a birthday spin around the neighborhood as his first present of the day.



 I think he liked his present.  Just a hunch.


More random words disguised as learnings:

  • That speed work session was literally the WORST session I've had in a long time.  That'll learn me to skip doing it in the morning.
  • Did you see the temperature on my tempo-run summary pic?  23 freaking degrees on April 5th? Ridiculous.
  • You know what else is ridiculous?  My thighs stinging after mile 2 of that tempo because I am a moron and didn't wear fleece-lined tights.
  • But what's most ridiculous of all is this last picture below.


OMG so much tired.

Tomorrow's workout: Total body weights of some kind.  Hopefully female cat can keep an eye on my barbell again if she can work it into her busy cat schedule of sleeping and eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment