Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Monday, November 6, 2017

Day 2, Week 10: Too long of a post for such a short run.

I'd like to let everyone know that it is winter now no matter what the calendar says.  This is because I had to run in this outfit this morning for my 3 miler. 

Bright orange gloves: not pictured.

Now, I know what you're thinking-I have a very creative and playful running fashion sense.  Well, I'll have you know that my running outfits are supervised closely by my closet supervisor, pictured below.



He sits in that chair any damn way he wants every morning and diligently supervises me putting together my running/weight lifting outfits.  He advises using a "pull the first thing out of the dresser you find that's warm enough" strategy, and I think this is good advice for the "playful and creative" look I'm going for.  The hubbs, however, feels as if my running fashion vibe is more of a "my God woman do you need your eyes checked we have insurance use it" feel.

Large dog could have cared less what I was wearing.  He got to go for three miles of cartoon-springy goodness going off in his head and big-tongue lolling everywhere.  Here he is trying to reign that tongue back in afterwards.

Almost got that tongue under control.  Almost.

He also didn't care how fast we were going, and I constantly had to slow him down because my tight and screaming calves were having none of my usual running too fast nonsense.

Small dog just shot me evil looks afterwards, mainly because he doesn't get to go running.  He wants to go, yet he won't leave the front yard and every time we get close to the road he scampers back to the front door all scared and stuff.  So no running for him.

You will pay.  Yes you will.


Learnings in 3...2...1:
  • Small dog needs some exercise.  He's getting all chubsters.
  • If you're running in the dark, your running outfit doesn't matter.  How much reflective gear you have on does, and it doesn't have to match.
  • Another way to think of my running fashion style is "she's wearing whatever she found that was cheap at TJ Maxx or on sale at Dick's Sporting Goods."
  • Those screaming calves are going to be screeching during speed work tomorrow.


Tomorrow's workout: MILE FREAKING REPEATS.  Argh.

No comments:

Post a Comment