Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Saturday, November 18, 2017

Day 7, Week 11: My sweat-filled non-running workout and stupid pictures from my conference.

So I'm traveling at the moment.  I'm at a conference in downtown Chicago until tomorrow, but I'm not letting that get in the way of me doing a sweaty non-running workout in the palace of a fitness center this hotel possesses.



I only did 30 minutes on the stationary bike, but holy buckets were there buckets of sweat all over the floor around my bike.  I felt like I needed to put up those wet floor signs so people weaving in and out of the empty bikes wouldn't slip and crack their heads open.

After that sweaty goodness, I made my way over to the free weights and did 20 minutes of weights, alternating a lower body exercise with an upper body exercise, making sure I hit all major body parts.  This induced more sweat-dripping awesomeness, of which I tried to take a picture but this damn hotel room lighting made the picture kind of suck.  But who am I to deny everyone the suckiness of this picture.



After that I had to get dressed in, like real adult clothes and do some learning and stuff.  And take stupid pictures.




As you can imagine, all that learning on top of the stupid picture taking sure is exhausting.  It's time for this little runner to head to bed now.




I may be sleepy but the learning keeps on rolling:


  • I gotta get me one of them fancy stationary bikes.
  • I did learn a lot today at my conference, I swears.
  • The only pictures worth taking, in my opinion, are stupid ones.
  • I want to know when I will not be exhausted at the end of the day.


Tomorrow's workout:  The plan says 20 miles at 15 seconds slower than marathon pace....but the fact that I'm traveling may modify that plan.  

No comments:

Post a Comment