Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Just 4 things about my bike ride this morning.

Thing #1: I didn't want to go because it was windy but my supervisors yelled at me so I had to do it.

They're pretty convincing at 4:30 AM.

Thing #2: One thing that made my mood about this ride a little brighter was my new light-up water bottle I found at Walmart.

That Camelbak is sooooo jealous.

Thing #3: You know what else made me happy on this ride?  Freaking bike shoe covers.  Here's to not having toes that feel like blocks of ice attached to your feet at the end of the ride. Foiled you this time, cold wind!

Best 20 bucks I ever spent.  As of right now.

Thing #4: Speaking of wind (all 10 mphs of them), I rode back directly into it from about mile 9 onwards and was not the happiest of campers and ended up having a pretty slow ride.  However, seeing as after work the winds were up in the 20 mphs, listening to my supervisors and doing it this morning was a good call.

Wind.  BUH.


Here are some more things that I call learnings:

  • It was a super nice morning for a ride.  I forgot how much I enjoyed riding as the sun comes up...until I turned into that damn wind, that is.
  • If you feel the need to tell me how awesome that bike jersey is, please feel free to do so at any time.
  • In case you were wondering, my eating is going pretty well.  It's way easier to quit processed carbs than I thought.  More on that fascinating topic later.
  • I know I said I would talk more about the Runners World app today, but I only had time for a quick post because I have work to do tonight after work.  We all know how that goes.
  • I have the smartest supervisors on the planet.  Except when they ram into glass sliding doors.


Tomorrow's workout:  The Runner's World app says "Threshold."  If I can find the actual workout in the app, I'll let you know what that means tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment